[development] bzr battle plan

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 09:12:41 UTC 2005

On 24 Nov 2005, at 07:32, Karoly Negyesi wrote:
> We now have a bzr mirror of the core. It's easier for a group of
> people
> to work on a bigger change in their own branch and submit a final
> diff.
> (hint. bzr diff --diff-options -F^f) Eventually, Dries may use a
> bzr branch,
> too and then instead of patches we may submit a link to a bzr
> branch instead
> of a patch file but this is not so important.

I do not plan to use bzr at this point.  (Please note that this is a
chx-ism, and not something I approved up front.)

Furthermore, I'll continue to make changes to contributed projects
using CVS, whether they are "bzr maintained" or not.  The setup
should not impose restrictions on anyone's workflow.  Right now, it
seems to complicate collaboration by forcing people to use bzr.  If
they can't co-exist, bzr is not a viable solution, and I will not
accept the project module and CVS changes it takes.