[development] bzr battle plan

Gildas COTOMALE gildas.cotomale at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 09:28:39 UTC 2005

2005/11/24, Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com>:
> Subversion also beats everything out there except CVS for adoption.  The
> toolchain is there, the mindshare is there, and new people coming to Drupal
> are far more likely to be able to say "Subversion, oh I know that" than with

 And, i used to say, those who don't know SVN often know CVS and can
switch easely... That's why SVN is a good compromission imho.

> darcs, bzr, git, or whatever.  bzr only increases the barrier to entry for
> new developers.

However, let's keep an eye on others alternatives... So we'll be fully
ready when time will come to another (or better) choice ;-)

Suggest: why not add a poll on http://drupal.org to ask people what's
their favorite CSM..? We'll have so a good idea how ready future dev'
are ready to switch to something else and what..

--
vi is a real WYSIWYG editor: you see text, you get text.