[development] One core, many distributions

Dan Robinson dan at civicactions.com
Thu Nov 24 19:55:10 UTC 2005

I'm totally not arguing with you btw :).

>>I undersatnd the attitude that "the only thing that matters are
>>contributors", however I would argue that the more users you have, the
>>more contributors you will have.
>>

>I already mentioned that users are a route towards new developers, Not only
>because the more users you have the bigger the chances are there is a
>contributer inbetween, but also because a lot of users spend money on hiring
>developers for drupal.
>
>However, to the project itself, IMO the only thing that really counts, in the
>end, is the amount of active contributors. All the rest can be ignored.

isn't what you just said contradictory? What am I missing -

Users [help create] new developers [and create] marketplace [which
brings] new developers

so how can you then turn around and say "...the only thing that really
counts, in the end, is that amount of active contributors.."

I'm just wondering :).

Also I just had a thought (everybody cover your ears...) Is the project
about the developers/contributors or is it about the code.  I wonder...

>>I believe that a lot of this conversation is because you have
>>new people coming into the arena with their own ideas, aspirations and
>>needs.
>>

>Oh, buit this is a good thing, imo. It keeps drupal from rusting.

agreed :)