[development] One core, many distributions

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Thu Nov 24 19:38:00 UTC 2005

Op donderdag 24 november 2005 19:46, schreef Dan Robinson:
> I undersatnd the attitude that "the only thing that matters are
> contributors", however I would argue that the more users you have, the
> more contributors you will have.

I already mentioned that users are a route towards new developers, Not only
because the more users you have the bigger the chances are there is a
contributer inbetween, but also because a lot of users spend money on hiring
developers for drupal.

However, to the project itself, IMO the only thing that really counts, in the
end, is the amount of active contributors. All the rest can be ignored.

> I believe that a lot of this conversation is because you have
> new people coming into the arena with their own ideas, aspirations and
> needs.

Oh, buit this is a good thing, imo. It keeps drupal from rusting.