[development] bzr battle plan

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Fri Nov 25 00:46:34 UTC 2005

Angie

I fully agree with you.

chx is to be commended for taking the initiative of introducing us to
bzr, but that should not sway is on its own. We should really evaluate
what is out there, and make an informed decision.  We should see what
other open source projects are doing too, and learn from their
experience.

Dries: you should take action on this. You have said you want to stay
on CVS. Fair enough.

But what about:
- Are there any pains with CVS?
- Are there better features elsewhere?
- Do we benefit from a new tool?

Discuss more, form a team, argue, pros/cons, ...etc. This is what we need.

This is how the discussion should start, not as a forgone conclusion
or preempting the issue.