[development] fAPI question from an ignorant n00b

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Fri Nov 25 14:33:20 UTC 2005

Hi,

Every day i learn a little more about the form API stuff and every day I run
into undocumented (or rather, unfindable) issues:

Today:
when I define a fapi form element of type date, do I still need to bother
about validating these dates?

And do I need to bother about converting the #default_value into a nice date
string? Esp. when this is defined in a node form? Lets assume I have
date_start and date_end set, now $node->date_start will be filled with a
string, on _insert and _update my module converts those to a timestamp. on
_load my modules pulls out the timestamp. Now, when I call this in the _form,
I would assume that the #default value gets set with the proper string,
convderted from the timestamp. I fail to find how this exaqctly works: I can
find near to nothing about #post process or so.

Ber