[development] Re: One core, many distributions

Ken Rickard agentrickard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 18:53:33 UTC 2005

>The other people you mention are just some users. Yes, users. They use
>Drupal in one of the many ways it can be used.

Then there are those of use who are users, who have solved a ton of problems
with the platform and are now trying to figure out how to give back.

If you track my history on the site, you'll see that I'm trying to find that
balance between needy user and helpful contributor.  Sometimes, all I can
offer are bug reports.  Eventually, I will learn how to CVS my theme :-).
And then, maybe more.

Drupal, btw, has really encouraged me to broaden my code skills precisely
because the core code (and team) have, as I always say, done 70% of my work
for me already.  So I can concentrate on my business and personal needs.

Now I'm also ready to give back -- see the aborted thread on Usability
Testing from last week.  So maybe I count for 0.1 of a dev.

:-)

- ken
drupal: agentken
gmail: agentrickard