[development] bzr battle plan

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Fri Nov 25 14:49:22 UTC 2005

I did *not* say that other tools could do this better.

I *only* provided a *fair and unpoluted* range of answers.

Developers (or technical people, in general actiually) tend to jump to
technical issues right away, yet often fail to look at the problem from a
global, unpoluted viewpoint.

I tried to answer the questions about what we need and what we want, about
what our current problems were, from an unbiased point. I tried to ignore any
thing like "is it there, is it technically possible, or does Foo do this
better then Bar".
I tried to first get that top level idea right: answer to the question "what
do we need an why"

once, only after we truly know what we need, can we look which tools fit into
that need best. Its what designers (technical designers, engineers, not
webdesigners or graphical designers!) call "top-down approach", or
"methodological approach", or even "morphological design"). It is the
methodology used by NASA to design a rocket, by developers of nuclear plants
and even by developers of a ballpointpen.

Ber