[development] bzr battle plan

Angie Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Fri Nov 25 16:03:19 UTC 2005

Bèr Kessels wrote:
> I tried to first get that top level idea right: answer to the question "what
> do we need an why"

Thanks. This too is where I was going with that line of questioning.

If someone answers with, "I like the way Subversion does blah blah better," that
isn't quite the point. The point is to basically perform a mini-SWOT analysis of
our current situation, and after having a clear overall view of where we are and
where we'd like to be, *then* research and choose a tool based on that (or stick
with CVS, if that's deemed most appropriate). Versus the more "bottom-up"
approach where everyone starts voicing support for their own pet favourite tool,
and then us all having to worry about how we'll have to alter our workflow to
fit that tool.

Probably there will be features thought of that aren't in *any* tool, but at
least we'll have a clear idea of what our needs are and where we needed to
compromise in order to choose a tool that met most of them.

-Angie