[development] module dev. mysql like operator problem.

Thomas G. Willis tom.willis at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 14:44:20 UTC 2005

I apologize if this isn't the right list. didn't know if this would be
support necessarily since it's a custom module.

I'm at a loss as to whether this is a bug or whether I'm just trying to do
something I'm not supposed to.
I can't get a query working using the like operator in drupal. the same sql
runs fine in in phpmyadmin.

not like will return results though weird. any ideas?

function _db_getartistlist($filter=''){
//Example $filter='A%';
/*filter not working yet ??*/

/*doesn't work*/
/*
   if($filter!=''){
      return db_query('select distinct artist from {mp3col_data} where
artist like \'' .$filter . '\' order by artist');
      //return db_query('select distinct artist from {mp3col_data}
where artist like \'%s\' order by artist',$filter);

   }else{
      return db_query('select distinct artist from {mp3col_data} order
by artist');
   }
*/

   /*works*/