[development] Tip for large site scaling: tracker.module considered harmful

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 08:11:30 UTC 2005

> Things like tables missing indexes on key columns, un-optimized
> database queries, wasteful algorithms... they're all bugs.

I agree that these are bugs, and that they need fixing.  John, can
you file issues for those, and mark them critical?  You indicated
that you fixed a comment.module issue, but we haven't seen an issue
or patch yet?  Please work with us to fix these bugs.  Thanks.

I'm still undecided about creating a dedicated mailing list or forum
for this, but I'm looking to hear people opinion on this.  That said,
I'm going to setup two more mailing lists: consulting at drupal.org and
themes at drupal.org.  An overview of the existing list can be found at
http://lists.drupal.org/.