[drupal-devel] what do you call a rose?

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Mon Oct 3 17:54:34 UTC 2005

No one in this thread has problems with #4. I think everyone will love
improvements that make the overall feeling for Drupal better.

The dispute, however remains. And let me try to re-explain this by the (never
ending) taxo vs catogory issue:
- If a user inserts a post on a drupal site he/she will never see the word
node or taxonomy or category. He/she sees 'Site Classification' Or 'Choose
City' or whatever the **admin** chose for that taxonomy tree.
- If an administrator gets a Drupal site to administrate, and he/she wants to
add content classifications, or a city per post, he/she SHOULD search
drupal.org, or mail the support ML, and recieve the very nice posts about how
to use taxonomy. ICW with some introductionary texts about taxonomies.
- If a site administrator is too lazy to do that, or too new to all this,
he/she is simply not up to Drupal. Hhe/she should then print the handbook and
read some articles about managing a site.
- But if a site administrator sees 'categories', chances are very big that he
or she will never think of the possibility to add cities in there! Nor that
he/she will read in the handbooks that this is a very good example use of
taxonomy.

We want to get all this as easy as possible, really, but making complex
features simple by ONLY naming them easy, is not the solution. Making them
easy, as a whole, is not easy, but that, acc to many people in the thread, is
the real solution. So that we really make things simple. Not only make then
appear simple. But that is hard. really hard.

Bèr 'Lets make things better' Kessels :)