[drupal-devel] what do you call a rose?

Boris Mann borismann at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 19:37:03 UTC 2005

On 3-Oct-05, at 11:59 AM, Steve Dondley wrote:

> He asked an either or question and you answered "no".  So I'm quite
> unclear where you stand.  And your sarcasm further clouds the issue.
> So which term do you prefer?

free tagging, because that's what the functionality currently
implemented does. And here's a "recipe" for making it work with
Technorati automatically: http://wiki.bryght.com/wiki/technorati-tags-
in-drupal-recipe

Things free tagging has to do before it's a folksonomy:
* relate tags to who created them/have them owned by users
* have non-admin users tag content / add additional tags
* have per user and global tag spaces, potentially overlapping (we
only have global right now)

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bmannconsulting.com