[drupal-devel] reviews needed

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Tue Oct 4 14:00:58 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 08:44 am, Kobus Myburgh wrote:
> > How about "Custom URL:" but before the text field for input, the base
> > URL is presented as a static text? This implies that what is to be input
> > is the bit after the base URL.
>
> I am not sure the current form API allows this, but it sounds good too.

That was suggested in this thread a month ago and got a few +1s, from myself
included.  I've not bothered writing a patch to do so because I don't think I
can do it in the old forms API (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and the new
forms API hasn't gone in yet (and I don't know if it can do it, either).
That would solve the main usability problem right now, and it wouldn't even
need to be translated. :-)  (It wouldn't help marketing matters, but that's a
separate issue.)

If it can be done in the new forms API, I'd say wait for that to hit core then
put the $base_url before the text box.  It shouldn't take more than a moment,
and I'm willing to do so myself if someone can give me a brief tutorial on
the new forms API. :-)

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012