[drupal-devel] reviews needed

Richard Archer drupal.org at juggernaut.com.au
Tue Oct 4 20:44:16 UTC 2005

At 3:53 PM -0400 4/10/05, Morbus Iff wrote:

>As for "support", there are at least 9 folks who think that "Custom URL"
>is not the right approach, and at least 3 or 4 who think that "URL Path"
>is better. Most of the rest have all attempted to offer alternatives that
>include the visual part of the URL:
>
>  Custom URL, http://disobey.com/[________________]

Putting the http://blah/ before the text box is a usability nightmare.
If you're worried about users entering their full URL into the form
simply have the form handler automagically strip it off and just store
the the path.

I would also argue until I'm blue in the face that "URL path" is as
meaningless to the average user as "path alias". In the user's mind
what they are doing is customizing the URL of a node and that's
how Drupal should refer to the process.

The patch as it stands is a massive improvement over the existing
code and gets a big +1 from me.

 ...R.