[drupal-devel] Drupal queries

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Wed Oct 5 23:57:05 UTC 2005

The Devel module is exactly what you want.  It lists every query run, the time
it took for each query, and flags those queries that were run multiple times.
It also provides you with a total.

As for picking a site to test on, uh, you're on your own there. :-)  Are you
trying to figure such things out before you try Drupal?  That won't get you
very far.

A typical page in my experience, depending on the page, can be anywhere from 6
to 100 queries.  Most of them are reasonably fast queries, though.  (Yes,
I've written pages that had nearly 100 queries before I bypassed the API and
made some optimizations. <g>)  The caching system helps a lot, too.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson