[drupal-devel] Editing nodes

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Thu Oct 6 08:22:10 UTC 2005

Hi,

I would refrain from calling this usability, because it is topics such as these that is beginning to make the word 'usability' into a swear word, so I will just go strait to my suggestion/proposal:

Instead of simply giving a 404 when a page is not found, how about opening some sort of prompt to create the page for sufficiently privileged users with a note at the top?

The note could be something as follows:

"The page you attempted to access does not exist. Click on the link below to create it."

And when you click on the link, it will automatically add the short name/alias/path/whatever-we-will-eventually-call-it in that field, and you can merrily continue on your way with adding the content.

Of course, if you are not sufficiently privileged, simply return to a 404 page.

Regards,

Kobus