[drupal-devel] Editing nodes

Boris Mann borismann at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 11:29:40 UTC 2005

On 6-Oct-05, at 1:21 AM, Kobus Myburgh wrote:

> I would refrain from calling this usability, because it is topics
> such as these that is beginning to make the word 'usability' into a
> swear word, so I will just go strait to my suggestion/proposal:
>
> Instead of simply giving a 404 when a page is not found, how about
> opening some sort of prompt to create the page for sufficiently
> privileged users with a note at the top?

This is not a core feature. You could easily implement this as a
custom 404 handler. This is something that might be obvious for a
wiki. In fact, you could very easily do this to today by creating a
custom 404 page that forwards "page-not-found" to "freelinking/page-
not-found" or "wiki/page-not-found".

This is also a feature request, whether for Drupal or otherwise, so
please file it as such.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bmannconsulting.com