[drupal-devel] reviews needed

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Thu Oct 6 13:17:26 UTC 2005

On Thursday 06 October 2005 07:02 am, Adrian Rossouw wrote:

> Has anyone ever considered a locale_light module which allows a
> developer to specify some strings in an array, and just use those to
> translate small strings.
>
> I've often wanted to change strings (blog to journal for instance) ,
> but the entire locale module is incredible overkill for my purposes.

As Morbus said, the "drop back and punt" answer is rarely a good one.

However, you can do that now with the locale module without too much
difficulty.  Just create a new locale called "English-Custom" or similar,
attached to en-us.  Then visit the page you want to edit a string on (to get
it into the database table), then go and enter new text for that string.  I
did that recently for a project with a client and it worked out quite well.
(We wanted to rename "user" to "Team user" and various other similar
changes.)  Some posted instructions on how to use locale that way would be
good, but it's not necessary to make a new module for it.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson