[drupal-devel] Improvements abandoned? (was: bug squashing session)

Chris Cook beerfan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 13:31:43 UTC 2005

On 10/11/05, Gerhard Killesreiter <killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> No. You and everybody else is welcome to use the subscription
> feature of the project module to get issues mailed.

The subscription feature is great because it notifies people who use
it and are interested in the module. This does not mean that it
notifies the owner/manager of the module though.

It isn't clear to me if all modules have a manager (someone who not
only maintains the code but also maintains the issue queue for it). I
assume the answer is yes insofar as people are willing to commit but I
suspect the situation could be improved somehow.

> > Maybe getting bug reports sent to this mailing list again would help
> > make things along.
>
> Not for me. Since I am already subscribed through the project module it
> annoys me a great deal.

I agree. I prefer to see development discussion here and subscribe for
bugspam. Spamming the entire list should not be the fallback to not
having module owners, in my opinion.

Cheers,
Chris