[drupal-devel] Improvements abandoned? (was: bug squashing session)

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Oct 11 12:57:29 UTC 2005

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Steve Dondley wrote:

> What happened to having the bug reports and updates getting mailed to
> this mailing list?  That seemed to work.

Several people felt that this mailing list would ne rather a dump for
issues than a place where to discuss things. Looking at the quantity of
recent discussions, not mailing issues anymore looks like a good idea.
Now we need to work on the quality...

Also, only issues with patches got posted here.

>  I posted three bug fix patches and filed two bug reports yesterday
> but I feel like they are left in a black hole.  That's not a feeling
> you want to leave folks with after they contributed several hours of
> their time.

No. You and everybody else is welcome to use the subscription
feature of the project module to get issues mailed.

> I know you can easily see the list at
> http://drupal.org/project/issues?projects=3060&states=1&categories=bug.
>  But you know the saying, "out of sight, out of mind."
>
> Maybe getting bug reports sent to this mailing list again would help
> make things along.

Not for me. Since I am already subscribed through the project module it
annoys me a great deal.

Cheers,
	Gerhard