[drupal-devel] Improvements abandoned? (was: bug squashingsession)

GravyFace gravyface at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 22:25:51 UTC 2005

On 10/12/05, Steven Peck <speck at blkmtn.org> wrote:
> I am working on a Drupal.org readme which I will post on my scratch site
> for Doc team review (hopefully soon) that will have this information.
> Essentially a brief overview readme to how to use the Drupal.org
> site/community.  Mainly links and short instructions.  Kind of a help
> text for the site....

Amen my brother.  :)

> Which is odd, but the sheer volume of information available and customs
> followed on the site/lists/etc are obviously overwelming.

It truly is, and doesn't have to be either.  Choice is good but
Drupal.org is a tad excessive. Communication methods ("push vs pull",
like mailing lists, forums, RSS, IRC, books, comments, etc.) should be
broad and flexible -- this is how you "get" information -- but the
information itself should be single-sourced, following a global
taxonomy of subject matter and topic areas.
Either that, or your search engine needs to be of Google quality.

This fragmentation and dilution of information needs to be minimized;
I'm eagerly awaiting this "how to use Drupal" documentation.