[drupal-devel] I do not care about PHP 5

=?unknown-8bit?B?Quhy?= Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Sat Oct 15 07:28:11 UTC 2005

It is going to be a huge undertaking, but I thik there is only one clean
solution: standard, clean use of ONE coding style. Not objects here,
keyed arrays there, referenced objects here, returned objects there. one
hook expecting an object another similar one expecting a keyed array and
yet another one expecting a string or integer.

Here is how I think we should go for this:
 Rewrite, finetune and detail the coding guidelines so they aim for
 _one_ php5 compatible standard
 rewrite parts of the core to follow these standards.
 Not let in any patches that do not follow these guidelines.

With coding style, in this, i do not mean spaces, tabs etc. But when to
use objects, when to return what, when to call what etc.

Ber