[drupal-devel] I do not care about PHP 5

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Sun Oct 16 10:42:09 UTC 2005

>>Yep, the situation is pretty much settled. There is no doubt that the
>>more rigid handling of what is allowed and what not will improve code.
>>I have been submitting patches for fixing notices in the past and think
>>that more patches like this should be comitted. Large mega patches are
>>unlikely to make it, though, as experience has shown.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>	Gerhard
>
> What do you suggest, then, in order to make Drupal E_ALL | E_STRICT compliant?
> Lots of little patches, one per isset() call? :-)  One patch per core module?
>
> I do agree that more complete coding guidelines (objects vs. arrays, when to
> pass what, optimal way to check for variable existence, etc.) are a good
> idea.

Per issue patches.

  1. Identify a problematic practice.
  2. Fix all occurances of this single practice.
  3. Submit a patch for the code.
  4. Submit a patch for the coding guidelines.

  *. Iterate from (1) with another problematic practice.

It is much easier to focus on one problematic practice, when creating
and reviewing patches.

Goba