[drupal-devel] I do not care about PHP 5

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Mon Oct 17 09:09:02 UTC 2005

>>I agree, generally, but fix to what?  We should decide whether we're going to
>>standardize on is_null() or === NULL before we start writing patches to
>>always use one or the other, for instance.
>
> That is why i proposed to write the standards first.
> Off course we cannot yet agree on the details, untill they are tested in
> patches. But the general decisions should be made before we start
> patching with again a variety of solutions.

The route which leads there:

1. Identify (seemigly) bad usage of code practice in Drupal.
2. Decide on better practice (either by discussing a patch,
   or a code extract showing the practice)
3. Apply patch to code and guildelines.

*. Iterate from (1) with another (seemigly) bad practice.

One, who runs Drupal on E_ALL can do (1), anyone can do (2).

Goba