[drupal-devel] RFC: Forms API Reference Draft

David Carrington david.carrington at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 08:27:42 UTC 2005

On 18/10/05, Angie Byron <drupal-devel at webchick.net> wrote:
> If you guys could have a look and throw me your 2 cents on this document overall
> that would be awesome.

Should the same document cover a few fundamentals first? For example,
after reading it, I still have no idea how to create a simple form and
do anything with it.

Some example things I still don't know for certain:
* Do I create the $form array myself, or is there something which
initialises it for me?
* How important is the array key "preview", and what does it relate to?
* " $fields[$category][$field->name]" - it is not clear where this
fits in with everything else (or any other nested part of a $form)
* How do I put controls into a block?
* Can I put controls into a table?

I know I could answer all these questions myself by looking at
examples, I'm just curious if they should be part of the same
documentation.

--
David Carrington