[drupal-devel] performance improvements - avoiding big unserialize()

Konstantin Käfer kkaefer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 18:19:17 UTC 2005

Hello,

I just took a short and tiny benchmark with a multidimensional array
containing 65 KB of data stored in 2048 different values. It took PHP on
my machine about 0.01 seconds (average value after 256 rounds) to build
the source for the array and write it to a file. And loading the file is
extremely fast anyway as we can simply include it.

I saw that PHP_Compat from PEAR [1] has an emulation function in their
library.

Regards,
Konstantin

[1]: http://pear.php.net/package/PHP_Compat