[drupal-devel] Permissions in the relations

Darrel O'Pry dopry at thing.net
Fri Oct 21 19:28:21 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 17:27 +0200, Bèr Kessels wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Karoly (chx) had so,e issues with permissions in the relationship project.
> Can anyone, who has thoughts on what permissions should be in the relationship
> APIs comment here. Then I can publish a summary in the thread on drupal.org
>
> Questions that need answer IMO are:
> * should we bother at all in the relationship API or should we leave it to
> drupal.
> * If yes to above: how far do we want to go in securing permissions in
> relations.
> * Should we add complexity to the API to avoid performance loss when used
> together with complex permissions
> * Please add your own.
>
>  Bèr

Can you include a link back to the conversation?

1) relationship are indeed a really cool functionality, and will be a
perfect fit for CCK. It would be really nice to recreate the book module
with flexinode and a couple relationship types...

2) I'd want permissions to be create/add/edit relationshipType, and then
content access to be dictated by their defining modules permissions.