[drupal-devel] Is the 'upload files' permission necessary?

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Sat Oct 22 16:30:23 UTC 2005

The permissions are awkward and confusing atm. Per role permissions are a
great thing, as are per node type permissions. We need to re-thing the
interface and teh features for this to make it easier for the admins but keep
the power.

Ber

Op zaterdag 22 oktober 2005 15:59, schreef Dries Knapen:
> > I think the 'upload files' permission is redundant with the
> > settings for
> > which content types have attachments enabled and permissions for
> > who can
> > create those content types.
>
> Not always. As an example, one of my sites is a conference site,
> where users can submit abstracts of presentations and posters. Every
> logged in user can create an abstract, but they can't upload
> attachments. However, when a member of the scientific committee, who
> reviews the abstracts, rejects an abstract, he can upload pdf's of
> related articles to illustrate his suggested changes to the abstract.
> When the author has rewritten his abstract, only members of the
> committee are allowed to delete the pdf's prior to approving the
> abstract.
 Bèr
 PGP ber at webschuur.com
  http://www.webschuur.com/sites/webschuur.com/files/ber_webschuur.asc