[drupal-devel] Re: drupal-devel Digest, Vol 34, Issue 65

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Oct 24 00:06:41 UTC 2005

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005, David K Norman wrote:

> What? With all the talk about making sure Drupal works in a shared
> hosting environment (ex. sessions stored in the DB instead of /tmp), you
> can't be serious.

I am German, I am always dead serious.

I have no idea if and how this grant might affect Drupal's users to run it
on shared hosting. I suspect that there will probably some hosters that
cause problems - probably the same that cause problems with the LOCK TABLE
permission on MySQL 4. This would be only another reason to recommend
users to change hosters to such hosters that can do an upgrade from Mysql
3 to 4 _and_ read the upgrade docs.

I suggest that you or somebody else who is interested in the issue simply
tries to run current Drupal HEAD on such a hosting account and reports
back.

Cheers,
	Gerhard