[drupal-devel] icons : go for tango

Stefan drupal-devel at istyledthis.nl
Tue Oct 25 12:37:52 UTC 2005

Op 25-okt-2005, om 14:31 heeft vlado het volgende geschreven:

>> The other thing we can do is ship with different sets of icons and
>> use a
>> naming convention, like with forum icons. Then we don't need a
>> vote or
>> anything else.
>>
> True. I just didn't want to start that before 4.7. Although the
> most straightforward approach would be a
> contrib module which adds a stylesheet overriding the 'default'
> iconset.
>
> For this to succeed we will need to use stylesheets and not html to
> set
> the different icons.
>
> I might have a demo of that the next couple of days. I have working
> code, but need to convert everything for HEAD.
>
> To do that there is a need to patch node.module to theme the node_add
> output, which I consider a bug, that it is not themeable.
Don't forget about the poll-block, which isn't themable either!

Maybe we can make a by PHP generated stylesheet? So we can get rid of
the inline style="styling-cruft" either?
This is something which would make drupal XHTML 1.0 Strict compliant,
adds little complexity to the code, but imo the pro's are much bigger
than the cons..

How about that?

Steef
---