[drupal-devel] advanced theme in core vs all in core.

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Mon Sep 5 16:04:37 UTC 2005

Hi,

Recently two issues, namely online/offline icons [1]  and several Ajax issues
(with konqueror mainly) made me think that we need to give more power to the
themes and put less cruft in core.

José A Reyero came with that exact same idea [2], which is why I think we
should get this idea on the ML.

I would like to see one theme in core that does and has it all: AJAX, avatars,
icons for user statii, icons in the admin areas, advanced menu styles, and
whatever more you can think of.
Currently we all "enforce" these things onto all Drupal sites, while in fact
we could (and should IMHO) ship a lightweighted drupal. Yet show the power of
Drupal  in a full featured theme.

What do you ppl think? put AJAX in one core theme? Add the online offline
icons there? Add more features to a theme?

[1] http://drupal.org/node/29281
[2] http://drupal.org/node/30150

Regards,
 Bèr