[drupal-devel] advanced theme in core vs all in core.

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Tue Sep 6 06:19:48 UTC 2005

I have had a problem with the default theme of Drupal for a long time. While BlueMarine is not a bad theme, it doesn't really showcase Drupal, and reading the post about this, I have to agree with Ber that we need a proper theme to show off Drupal. With Ber, Jose and Larry's ideas and insight, I am sure this would be a killer addition, perhaps not for 4.7, but definately in the near future!

Regards,

Kobus

>>> berdrupal at tiscali.be 9/5/2005 10:14:17 PM >>>
I am sorry for being unclear, again!.

Op maandag 05 september 2005 21:47, schreef Larry Garfield:
> Now, if all of the Ajax functionality was available in core but only
> activated if some flag is set in a theme, then we're talking.  That way
> theme developers can pick and choose which features they want, but don't
> have to know the ins and outs of cross-browser Javascript.

My idea, was, indeed, to intrduce some form of (E.G.)
theme('form_autofill',$foo, $bar);
instead of form_autofill, that does all the checks on its own ,yet fails to
improve usability.
I would love to see a:
theme('AJAX_autofill', $foo, $bar) that is only enabled in a few themes, yet,
not default drupal behaviour

Regards,
 Bèr
--