[drupal-devel] advanced theme in core vs all in core.

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Tue Sep 6 09:19:37 UTC 2005

> An example would be a website with multiple themes, where users would
> be confused when they change theme and suddenly don't have the same
> functionality that they had a moment ago.

That is the beauty of themes. This is not a problem, in my opinion, but a desired feature of this approach.

A site with a diversity of users, such as Drupal.org would have different users, such as developers, designers, or just regular visitors. Designers might like to see AJAX stuff, because it appeals to them, developers may not. How to handle this? Let them choose the theme. Not everyone wants the same features.

IMVHO, it is left to the site admin to make sure that the correct theme is set as default, and only people wanting something different should set it that way.

I see this as a non-issue, because if you don't like the new theme you selected, go back to the previous one. Core functionality in a theme will not be removed, so the theme can at least get the user back to changing it again to what he wants.

Regards,

Kobus