[drupal-devel] advanced theme in core vs all in core.

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Tue Sep 6 09:24:00 UTC 2005

> I am 100% opposed to having that be handled by the theme layer. I
> believe it's core functionality, and it has NOTHING (less than
> nothing actually) to do with the theme.

If I am not mistaken, it will be core functionality, and I think what Ber meant was that only the function is CALLED in the theme. The function will not RESIDE in the theme. If that is indeed the case, I agree with Ber. If the function is to RESIDE in the theme, I agree with Adrian.

> I don't have an issue with there being a variable, in settings.php
> not in the interface) that allows you to change the behaviour.

This is a usability no-no. How will non-techie users change this easily?

> I do however think that we need a new default theme =)

Ahem!

Regards,

Kobus