[drupal-devel] advanced theme in core vs all in core.

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Tue Sep 6 09:21:16 UTC 2005

Op dinsdag 06 september 2005 10:27, schreef David Carrington:
> On 05/09/05, Bèr Kessels <berdrupal at tiscali.be> wrote:
> > What do you ppl think? put AJAX in one core theme? Add the online offline
> > icons there? Add more features to a theme?
>
> I think enabling these kind of features on a per-theme basis is not
> the way to go. I consider it similar to say that the node delete
> button (or any other helpful feature) should only be included in
> certain themes.
>
> An example would be a website with multiple themes, where users would
> be confused when they change theme and suddenly don't have the same
> functionality that they had a moment ago.

You are somehow correct. For the case of the online/offline buttons: they
surely belong in a theme, not?
The ajax is somewhat functionality, but it still lives in theme functions. So
ATM you can "switch" it off in your theme.
And ajax _should_ alway degrade nicely, so that if you do not have the
functionality, you will have the same abilities, yet somewhat slower.

Regards,
 Bèr
--
 [ Bèr Kessels | Drupal services www.webschuur.com ]