[drupal-devel] advanced theme in core vs all in core.

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Tue Sep 6 15:50:54 UTC 2005

Op dinsdag 06 september 2005 11:16, schreef Adrian Rossouw:
> On 05 Sep 2005, at 10:14 PM, Bèr Kessels wrote:
> > theme('AJAX_autofill', $foo, $bar) that is only enabled in a few
> > themes, yet,
> > not default drupal behaviour
>
> I am 100% opposed to having that be handled by the theme layer. I
> believe it's core functionality, and it has NOTHING (less than
> nothing actually) to do with the theme.

No, no,no. I never meant to move logic into the themes.

I am saying that we should have a theme that has all the advanced theming
stuff enabled *and* that lives in core.

On top of that, I would like to see AJAX stuff disabled by default, but
enabled in that same advanced theme.

AJAX ATM is broken. Not just not working, but it does not degrade, which
simply breaks the site. I cannot use drupal in konqueror anymore. That should
never be allowed. And it is not a matter of fixing it for konqueror, because
then FooBar browser, will break. In some future. I t is a matter of allowing
more choice. I find the theme level a perfect place for such a choice.

Regards,
 Bèr
--
 [ Bèr Kessels | Drupal services www.webschuur.com ]