[drupal-devel] advanced theme in core vs all in core.

Jose A. Reyero jareyero at wanadoo.es
Tue Sep 6 16:52:14 UTC 2005

Bèr Kessels wrote:

>Op dinsdag 06 september 2005 11:16, schreef Adrian Rossouw:
>

>>On 05 Sep 2005, at 10:14 PM, Bèr Kessels wrote:
>>

>>>theme('AJAX_autofill', $foo, $bar) that is only enabled in a few
>>>themes, yet,
>>>not default drupal behaviour
>>>

>>I am 100% opposed to having that be handled by the theme layer. I
>>believe it's core functionality, and it has NOTHING (less than
>>nothing actually) to do with the theme.
>>

>No, no,no. I never meant to move logic into the themes.
>
>I am saying that we should have a theme that has all the advanced theming
>stuff enabled *and* that lives in core.
>
>On top of that, I would like to see AJAX stuff disabled by default, but
>enabled in that same advanced theme.

That is exactly what I think.

It's like having core providing both alternatives, but never enforcing
javascript. While I agree some ajax support needs to be in core, I don't
like having it as a mandatory default. So, what I mean, I.e. , is:

theme('ajax_table'... ) with ajax stuff

and

theme('table',....) free of javascript, just old plain good HTML, well
tested stuff :-)

Then, individual themes can use whatever they like. I actually don't
mind which is the default theme - maybe full enabled AJAX could be
better to impress new users :-), as long as I can have one in plain HTML