advanced settings (was Re: [drupal-devel] advanced theme in core vs all in core.)

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Tue Sep 6 18:37:37 UTC 2005

The problem with a "list all variables" page is that it's VERY easy to get
lazy about settings after that, and you end up with all of the useful or cool
stuff there and only there, with no decent inline documentation.  It becomes
the Windows Registry very very quickly. :-)

An admin/advanced page, if we include one, should still be a well-built and
well-documented page, just listing less-used stuff.  Developers shouldn't
have an "easy way out" of just throwing something into the advanced screen
and forgetting about it.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012