[drupal-devel] clipper and relations

Boris Mann borismann at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 19:48:26 UTC 2005

On 1-Sep-05, at 2:17 AM, Bèr Kessels wrote:

> I just rewrote my clipper module. I abandoned the idea of taxonomy
> as relation
> manager, and went for the proposed (http://drupal.org/node/28480)
> relationship system. I introduced the table, and wrote a lot of
> APIs in my
> clipper module.

That's great, Ber! We just talked a bit in the office here, since
Colin will re-write a playlist module he's working on to use the
relations table as well. We should standardize on the relationship
label to be $module-$relation. So, for clipper, it should actually be
clipper-child or clipper-parent, and for playlist it would be
playlist-track.

For parent/child, this would likely be a "default" relation modeled
in the relation.module -- so likely just called "parent" and "child".
Maybe you want to create a project/CVS for it? We can just put the
relation table MySQL in there for now.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bmannconsulting.com