[drupal-devel] Crucial problem with mysql 4.1.x and collation

Abalieno abalieno at cesspit.net
Wed Sep 7 00:55:49 UTC 2005

> I did not noticed a problem with accented characters though. Maybe I
> should check closer.

I managed to find a workaround but it should be printed IN BOLD on the
manual.

By default not only Drupal (mysql) sets itself as latin1 but the connection
collation is set to utf8_general. This causes the conflict. If through
phpmyadmin you set even the collation connection to latin1 the DB doesn't
come out corrupted in the dumps.

But in my case it's too late since I don't have recent backups taken before
the corruption.

-Abalieno