[drupal-devel] clipper and relations

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Wed Sep 7 07:25:04 UTC 2005

Op woensdag 07 september 2005 08:52, schreef Kristjan Jansen:
> Why not just write '10 parent-child 45' ?
No, why? clipper is just a playground for me, to test the capabilities and
limits of this concept of realtions. My thought was: it is possible to do
reverse paernt-child relationjs, so there sill eventually be a module that
will do that.
Also: I feel that clipper-parent or clipper-child is too limiting.
foo_relation.module might want to use the relations from clipper or any other
parent-child relation too.

> 2. how to impress the 'strength' or 'weight' of the relation between two
> nodes?

The weight column? Or am I misunderstanding you?

> 3. relationships are so genereric feature so they proably need a
> $domain(s) property(ies) so 'uid:12 <-> uid:13' and similar relations
> can be mapped.

Yes, this has been bothering me too. So far I have not though up a better
idea. Though some ideas have been cooking in my mind. A short summary will
follow in the thread at http://drupal.org/node/28480.
uid:12 uid:13 is not a good solution, for it needs pattern postprocessing, a
lot of database overhead (eight extra characters per relation) but I have
some ideas.. :-)

Regards,
 Bèr
--