[drupal-devel] [bug] Remove PHP5 warnings about unassigned variables and functions being used

fgm drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sat Sep 10 19:46:17 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/30800
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/30800

 Project:      Drupal
-Version:      cvs
+Version:      4.6.3
 Component:    base system
 Category:     bug reports

Don't know why it was defined against HEAD: I made it for 4.6.3, and
thought I had properly defined it for that version. Maybe it changed
when I added the separate patches as suggested by someone on IRC...

fgm

Previous comments:

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 20:07:16 +0000 : fgm

This is a set of similar patches to several files: bootstrap.inc,
common.inc, pager.inc, devel.module, filter.module, node.module,
user.module, watchdog.module

They are all there to maintain identical functionality but remove
warnings caused by code like:

$somevar = $somearray['somekey'] ;

where the existing code does not check whether $somearray contains an
entry for 'somekey', or even whether $somearray actually exists.

Another change in this patch conditionally restores the missing
timer_read function in devel.module, by first checking whether or not
it is already defined.

Packaged as two patches, one for the includes directory, the other for
the modules directory

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 20:15:23 +0000 : fgm

Split in two patches to avoid the .zip

First here contains the patch to includes

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 20:15:43 +0000 : fgm

Second here contains patch for modules

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 21:11:23 +0000 : m3avrck

These patches don't apply to HEAD and problem exists in HEAD as well.

A single patch should be made that fixes all of these in HEAD. I'll see
what I can do, this is a good start.