[drupal-devel] [bug] Remove PHP5 warnings about unassigned variables and functions being used

fgm drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sun Sep 11 12:31:54 UTC 2005

Issue status update for 
Post a follow up: 

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.6.3
 Component:    base system
 Category:     bug reports
 Priority:     normal
 Assigned to:  Anonymous
 Reported by:  fgm
 Updated by:   fgm
 Status:       patch (code needs work)
 Attachment:   http://drupal.org/files/issues/modules_4.patch (17.02 KB)

Patch for the modules directory expanded and improved. Still for 4.6.3,
not HEAD.


Previous comments:

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 20:07:16 +0000 : fgm

Attachment: http://drupal.org/files/issues/missing_isset.zip (2.38 KB)

This is a set of similar patches to several files: bootstrap.inc,
common.inc, pager.inc, devel.module, filter.module, node.module,
user.module, watchdog.module

They are all there to maintain identical functionality but remove
warnings caused by code like:

$somevar = $somearray['somekey'] ;  

where the existing code does not check whether $somearray contains an
entry for 'somekey', or even whether $somearray actually exists.

Another change in this patch conditionally restores the missing
timer_read function in devel.module, by first checking whether or not
it is already defined.

Packaged as two patches, one for the includes directory, the other for
the modules directory


Fri, 09 Sep 2005 20:15:23 +0000 : fgm

Attachment: http://drupal.org/files/issues/includes_0.patch (2.01 KB)

Split in two patches to avoid the .zip 

First here contains the patch to includes


Fri, 09 Sep 2005 20:15:43 +0000 : fgm

Attachment: http://drupal.org/files/issues/modules_3.patch (4.04 KB)

Second here contains patch for modules


Fri, 09 Sep 2005 21:11:23 +0000 : m3avrck

These patches don't apply to HEAD and problem exists in HEAD as well.

A single patch should be made that fixes all of these in HEAD. I'll see
what I can do, this is a good start.


Sat, 10 Sep 2005 19:46:14 +0000 : fgm

Don't know why it was defined against HEAD: I made it for 4.6.3, and
thought I had properly defined it for that version. Maybe it changed
when I added the separate patches as suggested by someone on IRC...

More information about the drupal-devel mailing list