[drupal-devel] Code freeze, usability and performance

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Thu Sep 15 22:04:00 UTC 2005

>   - Usability: one of the most common complaints about Drupal relate to
> the out-of-the-box experience.

I would like to point out I created a control panel module (Kieran was
involved in it) which literally mirrors the menu in the main area and if
there are icons in the appropriate place, those are displayed too. To my
understanding, next week this will get some themer love.

I am well aware of the fact that Mambo was choosen several times because
out-of-the-box you saw a few big, colorful icons in the administration
area.

It's in my sandbox. Maybe core? Too late? Maybe not? Merge with menu.inc?

Regards

NK

Ps. Yes this control panel is just a thin veil and won't solve the real
problems. Yet it is pretty.