[drupal-devel] author your slides with Drupal next time

vlado vlado at dikini.net
Tue Sep 20 15:36:49 UTC 2005

> Dikini (Vlado Zlatanov) created an S5 module as well - not sure if it's
> in contrib or not.
not yet - the book outlines is less than ideal, it was a struggle to explain
authors what do they need to do, there are performance issues as well.
The module can be seen at work, including the various kludges at
http://conference.iproms.org

Due to the authoring issues, I've frozen my slides module, until I
finish open office impress presesentations import, then I will
definitely revive it.

>From the feedback I had a few issues have surfaced:
* the outline should allow adding siblings and children
* the majority of the users were very, very, very unhhappy
to even cosider online authoring - thus the OOo import I'm working on
atm.

the performance issued mentioned earlier were related to the way
book.module treats hierarchies and I had to do a lot od very crude hacks
to minimise them.

Vlado