[drupal-devel] A collection of usability problems

Álvaro Ortiz alvaro.ortiz at the-cocktail.com
Fri Sep 23 13:15:01 UTC 2005

Regarding the outline/book debate, I think there is a related problem
which may help to improve Drupal for static sites (and for dinamic ones
also). It's a pattern that I always find after showing to Drupal to new
admin users: they always ask "where is the backoffice". It's as they
seem to need a place where all the content is stored and accesible,
separated from the layout of the site.

Now we have "content" (admin/node), but it's something that, at least
"my" users, don't like very much, or don't pay much attention to, I
think because of its usability (or lack of). Maybe admin/node would need
to show the contents of they site more visually? (by visually meaning
easier to filter certain content type - now you have to do 3 clicks to
list the "page" content type, for example, and that means that some
basic admin users may never know that they have the abbility to list the
content in their sites).

So the conclusion would be, from my experience point of view:

* identify more clearly when you are in the admin area (as CivicSpace
does, and as have been commented here previously)

* make it easier for an admin to identify which content is in his site

álvaro

--
wwww >  http://the-cocktail.com
blog >  http://www.furilo.com