[drupal-devel] A collection of usability problems

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Sep 23 21:01:59 UTC 2005

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> >> Ber, this is _exactly_ what CivicSpace does and _many_ people have
> >> expressed that they like it better.
> >
> > better != good.
>
> Eum, so better = bad?

Yes, a half-assed "solution" is probably rather harm- than helpfull.
"Everybody" will think "we did somthing about this" and stop worrying.

It is really very similar to renaming the taxonomy menu item "categories".
it is "user friendly" now. ;->
The underlying code and the UI hasn't changed a bit and that is where the
real solution needs to be.
When somebody submits a patch you always expect them to be complete, too.
Don't lower your standards for UI.

Cheers,
	Gerhard