[drupal-devel] two minor usability issues, introduced recently

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 09:28:51 UTC 2005

On 25 Sep 2005, at 11:01, Bèr Kessels wrote:
> 2) RSS without nodes (in core) is non existing. Thus this is no common
> setting.

The aggregator module has RSS feeds too.

> Therefore I think this RSS setting should live under settings >>
> RSS settings,
> so that contribs can add LOCAL_TASKS or so. The current placement
> requires
> any other RSS setting (by a contrib) to be placed elsewhere. Scattered
> settings are one of the mayor usability issues in Drupal.

What other settings did you have in mind?

> I really think we must get such changes past at least some
> usability test
> before they hit core. PAtches are tested and tweaked on comma, tab
> and spaces
> level, yet usability is often simply ignored. Herein lies a great
> opportunity
> for the community, IMO.

No, this change was a good thing (and tweaked to the comma).  If this
change needs to evolve, it can.  Drupal evolves by means of
incremental improvements and refactoring.

We don't have usability tests -- how do you envision this to be done?