[drupal-devel] two minor usability issues, introduced recently

Stefan drupal-devel at istyledthis.nl
Sun Sep 25 21:11:34 UTC 2005

Op 25-sep-2005, om 11:01 heeft Bèr Kessels het volgende geschreven:

> I just upgrded to HEAD and very much suprised to find two rather
> unfortunate
> usability iissues introduced:
>
> MBstring support? This seems to Just Work, why do I need a
> collapsed form
> element telling me it works? Joe user (and I) should not be
> bothered with
> form options that are no options.
This is there for a long time.. We already did this or the first time
when the image handling kicked in.. I already fought against that and
then nobody seems to care, now it looks like it's logical to everyone
to not display these messages.
(See my reviewing about walkah's image api -> core)

I did comment on that after the image-api hit the trunk.. Why do we
want to know when something does succeed?? That does not matter!
Everybody who uses software does think everything _will_ work well,
and only needs to knowhen therre is something wrong, not which
settings are right...

Though, something else I learned some time ago is why we use radio
buttons for option to enable/disable them.. Isn't a checkbox ment to
do that?
checkbox checked is 'enabled', checkbox unchecked is 'disabled'..
Checkbox class => 'disabled' is not supported..

There is a lot to improve and it needs a lot of time and love.. I
would love to do some tweaking here and there, make notes, etc, ec,
and share/discuss then with you all..

Looking forward to some other ideas and suggestions...

Stefan